PhD: Pennsylvania State University, USA (1987)
Master: Louisiana State University, USA (1979)
Bachelor: Louisiana State University, USA (1977)
Fax: +603-8938 1612
Field of expertise:Food Chemistry, Chemical Food Safety, Food Safety Risk Assessment & Food Quality Management
10 Landmark Publications:
1. Iqbal SZ, Asi MR, Jinap S, Rashid U. (2014). Detection of aflatoxins and zearalenone contamination in wheat derived products. Food Control 35: 223–226.
2. Lim PK, Jinap S, Sanny M, Tan CP, Khatib A. (2014). The influence of deep frying using various vegetable oils on acrylamide formation in sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas L. Lam) chips. J Food Sci 79: T115–T121.
3. Hasnol NDS, Jinap S, Sanny M. (2014). Effect of different types of sugars in a marinating formulation on the formation of heterocyclic amines in grilled chicken. Food Chem 145: 514–521.
4. Moazami FE, Jinap S, Mousa W, Hajeb P. (2014). Effect of food additives on deoxynivalenol (DON) reduction and quality attributes in steamed-and-fried instant noodles. Cereal Chem 91: 88–94.
5. Iqbal SZ, Asi MR, Jinap S. (2013). Variation of aflatoxin M1 contamination in milk and milk products collected during winter and summer seasons. Food Control 34: 714–718.
6. Iqbal SZ, Asi MR, Jinap S. (2013). Natural occurrence of aflatoxin B1 and aflatoxin M1 in “halva” and its ingredients. Food Control 34: 404–407.
7. Afsah-Hejri L, Jinap S, Radu S. (2013). Occurrence of aflatoxins and aflatoxigenic Aspergillus in peanuts. J Food, Agric Environ 11: 228–234.
8. Daniali G, Jinap S, Hanifah NL, Zaidul IS. (2013). Modification of a gas chromatography-mass spectrometry method for the determination of acrylamide in fried snacks. J Food, Agric Environ 11: 217–220.
9. Ahmad Hanis IAH, Mad Nasir S, Jinap S, Alias R, Ab Karim MS. (2013). Consumer’s preferences for eggs attributes in Malaysia: Evidence from conjoint survey. Int Food Res J 20: 2865–2872.
10. Afsah-Hejri L, Jinap S, Hajeb P, Radu S, Shakibazadeh S. (2013). A review on mycotoxins in food and feed: Malaysia case study. Compr Rev Food Sci Food Saf 12: 629–651.
Updated:: 16/08/2017 [noordiana]