» FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION
FIELD OF STUDY AT INSTITUTE OF AGRICULTURE
What you may ask about Institute of Tropical Agriculture (ITA):
1. What benefits are there to do research in ITA? All researchers are given an advantage of using our facilities and instruments both in the field and laboratories with the assistance of our professional staff team.
2. Who are the researchers in ITA?Our research team are well-recognised academicians in fields of food crops, plantation and animal production. They are the frontiers in their respective research area and received multiple research grants from public, private and international agencies and organizations.
3. How long is the duration for MSc and PhD studies?For MSc, 4-6 semesters (2-3 years) and for PhD 6-10 semesters (3-5 years). For further detail information please refer to www.sgs.upm.edu.my
4. What is ITA offers to private sector and industries?Beside our robust research team services, ITA offers various field and laboratory services for R&D projects in crop, food and animal production sectors.
5. I wish to enrol as a postgraduate student in ITA. May I know the available field of study offered?Currently, ITA offers 19 fields in MSc and PhD (with thesis) and the same fields for students in non-graduating programme. The fields are as below:1. Agronomy 2. Animal Behavior and Welfare 3. Animal Biotechnology 4. Animal Nutrition 5. Animal Physiology 6. Animal Production 7. Animal Waste Management 8. Bioinformatics and Systems Biology 9. Food Safety 10. Genetic Engineering and Molecular Biology 11. Genetics and Plant Breeding 12. Horticulture 13. Microbial Biotechnology 14. Plant Biotechnology 15. Plant Pathology 16. Plant Physiology 17. Post-Harvest Technology 18. Soil Science 19. Weed Science