Master: Universiti of Malaya (2011)
Ijazah: Universiti Putra Malaysia (2007)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone:
+603 - 8946 8259Fax:
+603 - 8942 3552 Field of expertise:
10 Landmark Publications:
1. Angel Medina, Sejakhosi Mohale, Nik Iskandar Putra Samsudin, Alicia Rodriguez-Sixtos, Alicia Rodriguez and Naresh Magan. (2017). Biocontrol of mycotoxins: dynamics and mechanisms of action; a review. Current Opinion in Food Science 17: 41-48.
2. Farawahida Abdul Halim, Jinap Selamat, Nor-Khaizura Mahmud Abdul Rashid and Nik Iskandar Putra Samsudin. (2017). Reduction of Aspergillus spp. and aflatoxins in peanut sauce processing by oil-less frying of chilli powder and retort processing. Food Additives and Contaminants Part A: Chemistry, Analysis, Control, Exposure and Risk Assessment 34: 2242-2250.
3. Suzita Ramli, Lim Li Yi, Nik Iskandar Putra Samsudin and Yaya Rukayadi. (2017). Effect of salam (Syzygium polyanthum L.) leaves extract on the microorganism population in chicken meat and shrimp and their sensory acceptability. International Food Research Journal in press. Accepted March 2017.
4. Nik Iskandar Putra Samsudin, Chern Pei Ern, Ng Chew Ting, Lechumi Panneerselvam, Phang Siew Yin, Tan Wei Theng, Nor Ainy Mahyudin. (2017). In vitro antibacterial effect of crude medicinal plant extracts against ampicillin+penicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. International Food Research Journal in press.
5. Nik Iskandar Putra Samsudin, Alicia Rodriguez, Angel Medina and Naresh Magan. (2017). Efficacy of fungal and bacterial antagonists for controlling growth, FUM1 gene expression and fumonisin B1 production by Fusarium verticillioides on maize cobs of different ripening stages. International Journal of Food Microbiology 246: 72-79.
6. Nik Iskandar Putra Samsudin, Angel Medina and Naresh Magan. (2016). Relationship between environmental conditions, carbon utilisation patterns and Niche Overlap Indices of the mycotoxigenic species Fusarium verticillioides and the biocontrol agent Clonostachys rosea. Fungal Ecology 24: 44-52.
7. Nik Iskandar Putra Samsudin and Naresh Magan. (2016). Efficacy of potential biocontrol agents for control of Fusarium verticillioides and fumonisin B1 under different environmental conditions. World Mycotoxin Journal 9: 205-213.
8. Nik Iskandar Putra Samsudin and Noorlidah Abdullah. (2014). Prevalence of viable Monascus van Tieghem species in fermented red rice (Hong Qu Mi) at consumer level in Selangor, Malaysia. Journal of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Biotechnology 2: 57-60.
9. Nik Iskandar Putra Samsudin and Noorlidah Abdullah. (2013). A preliminary survey on the occurrence of mycotoxigenic fungi and mycotoxins contaminating red rice at consumer level in Selangor, Malaysia. Mycotoxin Research 29: 89-96.
Updated:: 12/04/2018 [noordiana]