PhD: Plant Virology, The University of Adelaide, Australia (2005)
Master: Plant Pathology, Univ. Pertanian Malaysia, Malaysia (2000)
Bachelor: Horticultural Science., Univ. Pertanian Malaysia, Malaysia (1996)
Phone: +603-8947 4843
Fax: +603- 8938 1014
Field of specialisation: Plant disease caused by virus and phytoplasma, epidemiology and diagnosis of plant virus
Associate Professor - Dept of Plant Protection, Faculty of Agriculture, Universiti Putra Malaysia (2013-present)
10 Landmark Publication:
Research Associate - Institute of Tropical Agriculture, Universiti Putra Malaysia (2007 - present)
Senior Lecturer - Dept of Plant Protection, Faculty of Agriculture, Universiti Putra Malaysia (2007-2012)
1. Thanarajoo SS, Kong LL, Kadir J, Lau WH, Vadamalai G. (2014). Detection of Coconut cadang-cadang viroid (CCCVd) in oil palm by reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP). Journal of Virological Methods 202:19-23.
2. Nejat N, Vadamalai G, Davis RE, Harrison NA, Sijam K, Dickinson M, Abdullah SNA, Zhao Y (2013) “Candidatus phytoplasma malaysianum”, a novel taxon associated with virescence and phyllody of Madagascar periwinkle (Catharanthus roseus). Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 63: 540–548.
3. Wu YH, Cheong LC, Meon S, Lau WH, Kong LL, Joseph H, Vadamalai G (2013) Characterization of Coconut cadang-cadang viroid variants from oil palm affected by orange spotting disease in Malaysia. Arch Virol 158: 1407–1410.
4. Naderali N, Nejat N, Tan YH, Vadamalai G (2013) First report of two distinct phytoplasma species, “candidatus phytoplasma cynodontis” and “candidatus phytoplasma asteris,” simultaneously associated with yellow decline of wodyetia bifurcata (foxtail palm) in Malaysia. Plant Dis 97: 1504.
5. Nejat N, Vadamalai G, Dickinson M (2012) Expression patterns of genes involved in the defense and stress response of Spiroplasma citri infected madagascar periwinkle catharanthus roseus. Int J Mol Sci 13: 2301–2313
6. Selvaraja S, Balasundram SK, Vadamalai G, Husni MHA (2012) Spatial variability of orange spotting disease in oil palm. J Biol Sci 12: 232–238.
7. Nejat N, Sijam K, Abdullah SNA, Vadamalai G, Sidek Z, Dickinson M (2010) Development of a TaqMan real-time PCR for sensitive detection of the novel phytoplasma associated with Coconut yellow decline in Malaysia. J Plant Pathol 92: 769–773.
8. Nejat N, Sijam K, Abdullah SNA, Vadamalai G, Dickinson M (2009) Phytoplasmas associated with disease of coconut in Malaysia: Phylogenetic groups and host plant species. Plant Pathol 58: 1152–1160.
9. Vadamalai G, Perera AAFLK, Hanold D, Rezaian MA, Randles JW (2009) Detection of Coconut cadang-cadang viroid sequences in oil and coconut palm by ribonuclease protection assay. Ann Appl Biol 154: 117–125.
10. Vadamalai G, Hanold D, Rezaian MA, Randles JW (2006) Variants of Coconut cadang-cadang viroid isolated from an African oil palm (Elaies guineensis Jacq.) in Malaysia. Arch Virol 151: 1447–1456.
Updated:: 30/10/2014 [azimahs]